Your 10 day plan to renewed health and energy
One of the most natural ways to support your health and meet these changing needs is through diet. Now more than ever you need to address the health of your prostate, bones, brain and heart, and the most natural way to do this is by choosing what foods to put in your body. You’ll also want to eat well to preserve your sexual health as well as your metabolism.
Overwhelmed by where to begin on changing your diet? It does not have to be challenging to meet your health needs, and your diet does not need to be bland or boring. But here is a 10 day plan that will make it easier for you to get started…
Just follow these for the next ten days. You may be surprised to see so many tips on sleep and energy management on a diet detox list. But many of us rely on sugar for an energy or mood boost when we hit a lull during the day. In addition, poor sleep makes us more susceptible to the munchies. Conversely, the better you manage your energy, the easier it is to eat healthy.
10 day plan for better health
Here’s the prescription:
- Eat only natural, unprocessed foods.
- Cook all your own dinners.
- Drink only water, green and hibiscus tea, and coffee.
- If you can’t understand what’s on the label of a food you’re eating, don’t eat it.
- Minimize dairy.
- Choose one day for a fast.
- Keep a food diary.
- Eat organic as much as possible.
- Scrupulously avoid all sodas (even diet sodas), added sugar, and alcohol.
- Turn off all devices two hours before bed.
- Go to bed at the same time every night.
I’m going to wager that you’ll feel amazing after those ten days — and have little impulse to return to your more gluttonous ways when it’s all over. But if you do indulge— on a birthday or an important date, say—do so deliberately, enjoy the cake (or the drink or the candy bar), knowing it’s a lapse from the program, and then steer yourself gently back to a more structured, healthy eating plan.