The Wheel of Healing With Ayurveda: An Easy Guide for Diabetes
By Dr. Geetanjali Thokal, Ayurveda
Ayurveda can be used well in treating diabetes, that is an aberrant condition where a turn of sugarine in humans are abnormally higher. In Ayurvedic terms, diabetes is famous as Prameha.
Ayurveda states that a health of a chairman is contingent on doshas, that is pronounced to be divided into 3 vital forms – Kapha, Pitta and Vata. Lack of exercise and intake of food carrying additional of snigdha, ushna and guru forms are pronounced to be a primary means of prameha.
The individual’s structure plays a vital purpose in ayurvedic diagnosis of prameha. Some of them are:
- Ahara and Vihara (food and lifestyle)
- Obstruction in srotas (channels of circulation)
- Dosha rule of disease
- Manasika Prakrithi (mental health of a individual)
- Hereditary factors
Diabetes can be managed well regulating a accumulation of herbs. They can possibly be used alone or in multiple with other drugs. Some of them are:
- Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna)
- Eugenia jambolana (Jamun beej churna)
- Ficus bengalensis (Nyagrodha twaka churna – banyan tree bark)
- Momordica chirantia Karvellaka (Karella – Bitter Gourd)
- Embelica officinalis (Amla)
- Kirat tikata (Chirayata)
There is a probability that some patients would not be means to sufficient respond to insulin or other hypoglemic medicines. In this condition, a medicine competence allot ayurvedic drugs such as:
1. Chandraprabha vati
2. Dhatri Nisha
3. Vasant kusumakar rasa
4. Madhuvijay Capsule
Along with a above settled spices and medicine, Ayurveda gives significance to a upkeep of a balanced diet and exercise.