Simple Chinese Fried Rice Recipe
The Chinese cuisine is perhaps one of the most popular and well loved cuisines the world over. The Chinese recipes are simple, easy to make, very light and more importantly immensely delicious.
With a little bit of basic knowledge about Chinese food you an easily come up with some terrific Chinese dishes in your own home. The Chinese fried rice is perhaps the easiest and simplest of all Chinese dishes. Once you learn how to make the Chinese fried rice you can serve it alongside sesame chicken or sweet and sour chicken as a befitting accompaniment.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 cup brown rice (if not available white rice will do as well)
¾ cup boiled chicken
¾ cup boiled pork meat
Some small shrimps
Beans (finely chopped
Carrots (finely chopped)
1 tbsp soya sauce
Cabbage ( fine chopped)
Mushrooms (finely chopped)
Ginger (finely grated)
Garlic (finely grated)
Onions (very finely and thinly sliced)
Red, green and yellow bell peppers for garnishing
Salt (according to taste)
Sugar or honey (half a teaspoon)
A pinch of ajinomoto
Oil for frying
Method Of Preparation For Chinese Fried Rice
1. First the rice needs to be boiled and cooled for it to stay non sticky and of the right consistency. Wash the rice well to remove all its impurities. The authentic Chinese recipe is usually made with unpolished Chinese brown rice. But if it is not available to you do not fret. You can use any good quality short or long grained rice. The cooking time of the rice is extremely important for this recipe. Add water to a pan and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt so that the rice absorbs it. Now slowly add the rice and cook it till the rice is cooked but is not too soft. If you overcook the rice scatter it on a newspaper and air dry it.
2. After the rice is cooked and ready you need to move on to the next step.
3. Take a Chinese wok and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil or sesame oil to it and heat it till it is ready
4. Add grated garlic to the oil and sauté till it releases an aroma. After that add the sliced onions and fry till it is transparent. Add a hint of sugar while frying the garlic and onion.
5. Now slowly add the vegetables and the meat. Sautee them nicely and add a hint of ajinomoto to it.
6. Scramble two eggs in a small pan and add it with the rest of the ingredients.
7. After the vegetables are fried add the boiled and dried rice into the wok. Mix well so that rice is coated with the seasonings. Now add a tablespoon of soya sauce into the mixture. The soya sauce besides adding flavour helps give the rice its own distinctive color as well.
8. Toss the rice well and add salt if required. Remember that soya sauce contains salt so be careful when you add salt.
9. Serve in a white dish and garnish with bell peppers. Enjoy your steaming dish of fried rice anytime!
Note: In Chinese dishes you can use fish sauce instead of salt. It helps add a characteristic flavour to your dish while adding the necessary amount of salt well.