Lipo injections to burn fat, lose weight and gain energy
Storage fat is the most difficult type of fat to lose. It’s the bothersome fat located in your neck, underarms, lower abdomen, hips, buttocks, and inner thighs that seems oblivious to all the exercise you may doing to firm it up or get rid of it.
To tame these spots, many people turn to lipotropic shots. These shots contain certain amino acids and vitamins that aid in breaking down fat. When taken by mouth these nutrients are minimally effective and required a very high dose to promote fat tissue breakdown.
The amino acids Methionine, Inositol, and Choline are the most fast-blasting when given as an injection. Also, B vitamins are added to increase energy. When this is done along with a nutrient-rich diet — mostly fruits and vegetables — and regular exercise, this lipotropic formula breaks down fat and helps your liver perform detoxification processes more efficiently and your body and utilize sugar better.
Here’s how these fat-blasting nutrients work:
Methionine – The “M” in MIC Injection. This essential amino acid assists in the breakdown of fats within your liver, helps to reduce fatigue, and can reduce histamine release. Although foods contain methionine such as cheese, eggs, fish, meats, potatoes, spinach, Brazil nuts, and sesame seeds, methionine by injection mobilizes fats much more effectively. Methionine is also reported to produce creatine which can improve skin elasticity, and build muscle. Some have reported it helps with depression and Parkinson’s disease. Animal research authors wrote, “Triglyceride content of the liver was found to decrease in a dose-dependent manner with increasing methionine ingestion.”
Inositol – The “I” in MIC Injection. This B-vitamin promotes healthy cell structures, serotonin transmission (an important mood and appetite neurotransmitter), and fat metabolism.
It also has been reported to help treat depression, panic disorder, and fatty liver.
Choline – The “C” in MIC Injection. This is an essential nutrient for liver health and liver detoxification as well as fat metabolism. Research authors wrote, “Choline supplementation normalized cholesterol metabolism…” and, “Our data suggest that choline can promote liver health by maintaining cholesterol homeostasis.” Choline also aids with memory as you age.
Vitamin B-12 (Methylcobalamin) – boosts energy and metabolic rate; helps burn stored body fat; aids in liver detoxification; and helps regulate sleep, mood, and appetite. It is also reported to play a major role in DNA replication, nervous system function, and red blood cell formation. Although you can eat foods with vitamin B 12 (eggs, dairy products, fish, and meat), an injection of vitamin B 12 promotes energy and weight loss.
L-Carnitine helps breakdown fat and generate energy. L-Carnitine supplementation decreases fat, preserves muscle during exercise, and decreases muscle fatigue. When administered by injection, L-Carnitine is completely absorbed by the body.
This is the formula I use at my clinic: each 1 ml injection contains:
- Methionine 25 mg
- Inositol 25 mg
- Choline chloride 25 mg
- L-Carnitine 50 mg
- (Vitamin B1) Thiamine HCL 25 mg
- (Vitamin B5) Dexpanthenol 5 mg
- (Vitamin B12) Methylcobalamine 1000 mcg
Pregnancy hormone for weight loss?
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) is called the hormone of pregnancy because it circulates in high concentrations during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. It is also used for fertility treatments because it triggers the female corpus luteum (the ovary after ovulation) to produce more progesterone. In men, hCG helps the testicles produce testosterone and sperm.
And it can be used for weight loss. In fact, when done correctly, is very effective for 93% of patients who use it.
The late British physician, A.T.W. Simeons, M.D., was the first to discover the use of hCG for weight loss. He observed that other doctors were successfully treating adolescent boys with adiposogenital dystrophy (so called “fat boys”) by injecting them with hCG twice weekly. This caused them to have a dramatic and healthy redistribution of their storage fat towards a more masculine and lean appearance.
He also found that small amounts of hCG injected into normal men and women caused rapid loss of body fat, without adverse effects. Through trial and error, he eventually found success with a full weight loss diet protocol in addition to hCG injections for his Rome, Italy clinic, mostly among the rich and famous. Though it was (and still is) largely rejected by mainstream medicine for political and financial reasons, he wrote in his original manuscript entitled, Pounds and Inches, that “Doctors from all over the world have come to Italy to study [my] method first hand…”
He reported that approximately 93 percent of patients responded very well to hCG and dramatically lost storage fat (15 to 40+ pounds within 40 days), while approximately 7 percent seemed to be resistant to the weight loss effect of hCG. In his one, two and five year patient follow-up studies he reported that 85 percent of them kept their weight off within 10 percent—and none gained all their weight back. Those who did gain more than 10% of their weight back did so because they returned to unhealthy foods at unhealthy portions.
Here is a brief summary of the protocol’s three main phases:
- Phase 1 (preparatory phase) for 2 to 4 weeks to learn about nutrient-rich whole foods, experience a clear liquid and/or biliary and liver cleanse if you are willing, and prepare your kitchen (and your brain) for the 500 Cal/day diet of phase 2.
- Phase 2 (shots and 500 Cal/day diet) or 23 to 40 days. Because your body normally needs from 1500 to 2500 Calories per day from food, by only consuming 500 Calories per day of food you can still feel good. Why? It’s because the HCG does for you in similar fashion that it does for every woman in her first trimester of pregnancy in which it converts her body fat into usable fat calories that circulate in her blood stream to feed her developing fetus. The effect in you is similar: it converts your own fixed fat deposits into useable caloric energy needs to make up for the missing food calories that would normally sustain you. And your storage fat just shrinks away…at nearly a pound a day for the first two weeks, then slowly tapering off as the hormone loses its effectiveness. The 500 Cal/day diet consists of a prototype lunch and dinner meal, each containing a modest portion (3.5 oz) of lean meat, a vegetable serving such as a salad, and a low-glycemic fruit serving. Breakfast consists of herbal teas. Therefore, you essentially eliminate fatty foods and carbohydrates during this second phase of the protocol. The way you know the hCG hormone is working is because you’ll see that you quickly lose visible body fat all the while maintaining muscle strength and energy, sustaining this effect for 3 to 5 weeks! Clearly, this is very different than calorie restriction without hCG.
- Phase 3 (stabilization) for three weeks. Immediately following stage 2, you can eat as much as you want, but NO sugars or starches (i.e. breads, white rice, potatoes, corn, and processed sugary foods), which turn into fat. By doing so, you help stabilize your hypothalamic “set point” to your new body weight and food metabolism pattern. In this phase, you are to eat foods high in fat and protein, with plenty of nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables. If your body weight increases more than 2 pounds then you can feast on apples for a day or two until it returns to your previously attained low weight.
Remember that this protocol is effective and should be administered with a medical professional, but keeping it off depends on your willingness to continue to consume nutrient-rich foods and remain active afterwards.
For a happy, healthy and leaner New Year,
Michael Cutler, M.D.
Birkner E, Zalejska-Fiolka J, Kasperczyk A, Kasperczyk S, Grucka-Mamczar E, Stawiarska-Pieta B, Birkner K. The influence of methionine, selenomethionine, and vitamin E on liver metabolic pathways and steatosis in high-cholesterol fed rabbits. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2007 Winter;120(1-3):179-94. PubMed PMID: 17916970. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17916970
Channon HJ, Manifold MC, Platt AP. The action of cystine and methionine on liver fat deposition. Biochem J. 1938 Jun;32(6):969-75. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1264137/
Parlesak A, Bode C, Bode JC. Free methionine supplementation limits alcohol-induced liver damage in rats. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 1998 Apr;22(2):352-8. PubMed PMID: 9581640. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Free+methionine+supplementation+limits+alcohol-induced+liver+damage+in+rats
Croze ML, Soulage CO. Potential role and therapeutic interests of myo-inositol in metabolic diseases. Biochimie. 2013 Oct;95(10):1811-27. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Potential+role+and+therapeutic+interests+of+myo-inositol+in+metabolic+diseases
Al Rajabi A, Castro GS, da Silva RP, Nelson RC, Thiesen A, Vannucchi H, Vine DF, Proctor SD, Field CJ, Curtis JM, Jacobs RL. Choline supplementation protects against liver damage by normalizing cholesterol metabolism in Pemt/Ldlr knockout mice fed a high-fat diet. J Nutr. 2014 Mar;144(3):252-7.
Alvarez XA, Laredo M, Corzo D, Fernández-Novoa L, Mouzo R, Perea JE, Daniele D, Cacabelos R. Citicoline improves memory performance in elderly subjects. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 1997 Apr;19(3):201-10. PubMed PMID: 9203170. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9203170