Hypothyroidism – Ayurvedic Remedies For It!
By Dr Ashwini Vivek Mulye , Ayurveda
Hypothyroidism is a many common thyroid commotion occurring when a thyroid becomes shop-worn or inflamed, creation it incompetent to furnish adequate of a hormone thyroxine.
Hypothyroidism is some-more common in a aged and mostly common in women than men. The chances of building hypothyroidism increases as we age.
Classification of Hypothyroidism:
- Primary hypothyroidism is when a thyroid gland itself is diseased
- Secondary hypothyroidism is caused by problems with a pituitary gland
- Hashimoto’s illness – is a ongoing autoimmune illness that causes a thyroid to turn delirious and incompetent to furnish adequate thyroid hormones.
- Surgical dismissal of a thyroid gland
- Thyroiditis during and after pregnancy
- Radiation therapy for conduct and neck disease
- Certain drugs such as sulfonamides, lithium, amiodarone, can meddle with a thyroid’s ability to furnish hormones
- Pituitary gland problems
- Inability to concentrate
- Puffy face
- Hoarseness of voice
- Slow pulse
- Decreased defence functioning
- Abnormal cholesterol levels
- Sensitivity to cold
- drooping and distended eyes
- Hair loss
- weight gain
- Dry skin
- Mental impairment
- Increase in allergic reaction
- Premenstrual tension
- Muscular pain
Ayurveda Treatment for Hypothyroidism:
Ayurveda proceed to diagnosis of illness is rarely individualized. According to Ayurveda a thyroid duty is tranquil by Pitta dosha. Pitta / Agni – The glow is obliged for all of a metabolic actions carried out by a thyroid hormones.
In Hypothyroidism, Pitta dosha is lonesome by Kapha Dosha that diminishes a mobile metabolism. Treatment element is directed to mislay cloaking of Kapha dosha so enabling Pitta to perform a duty normally.
Line of Treatment:
Ayurveda diagnosis for Hypothyroidism removes a kapha covering a pitta that enables correct functioning of Agni – editing digestion and metabolism.
Treatments – The diagnosis modalities includes panchakarma, outmost therapies, inner medications, Activities, Advice of food and lifestyle changes.
- Panchakarma – Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Nasya
- Externally – Udwarthana, Shiro dhara, Kashaya Seka, PPS
- Internally – Deepana (Appetisers)
- Pachana – (Digestives)
Specific Asanas , Panayamas, meditation, unchanging exercises.
- Intake of H2O preferably comfortable H2O and food that helps digestion
- Improved intake of uninformed vegetables and iodine abounding dishes such as fish, bombard fish, white onions.
- Timely unchanging rational dishes in a conducible non unfortunate atmosphere.
Lifestyle Changes: Specific to a particular constitution, inlet of work and geographical conditions.