How To Prevent Diabetic Retinopathy?
By Dr. Ikeda Lal, Ophthalmology,
Diabetic retinopathy is an ailment that occurs when a retina of a eyes gets shop-worn due to diabetes. Your prophesy competence be during risk if we have diabetes undiagnosed for a prolonged generation of time. The ailment causes blood vessels in a retina to trickle liquid and blood, causing blurring of vision. Diabetic retinopathy might even means blindness, if left untreated for a prolonged time.
Causes of Diabetic Retinopathy-
Diabetic retinopathy is caused when a blood vessels that supply blood to a retina are shop-worn due to high blood sugarine levels. High sugarine levels in bloods, if left untreated, can means repairs to a little capillaries that supply blood to a retina. High turn of blood sugarine blocks a capillaries that are benefaction within a retina to uphold it with blood supply.
Types of Diabetic Retinopathy-
1. Advanced Diabetic Retinopathy: This is a serious form of diabetic retinopathy characterized by aberrant expansion of blood vessels that eventually leak.
2. Early Diabetic Retinopathy: This is a some-more common form and is also called ‘nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy’. In this type, new capillaries do not grow and a capillaries in your retina break and get blocked.
This condition is generally not rescued during an early stage, though if we knowledge problems like confused prophesy and redness of eye, we should deliberate your alloy immediately.
How to forestall this-
1) Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented by gripping a check on your blood sugar, cholesterol and blood vigour levels.
2) Eat healthy foods
3) Stay divided from cigarette smoking
4) Going for medical assistance but delay, in box we knowledge any slight change in vision.
5) It can also be prevented by undergoing ‘diabetic eye screening’ test.
If this condition is rescued during an early stage, certain changes associated to eating habits and your lifestyle in ubiquitous can stop it from progressing.