Chronic Conditions That Make Your Scalp Dry and Greasy
By Dr. Nitin Kumar Saxena, Dermatology
Small amounts of passed skin cells that are strew from a scalp are called dandruff.
Dandruff is a harmless, ongoing condition that occurs when a scalp becomes dry or greasy and produces white flakes of passed skin that seem in a hair or on a shoulders. People many mostly consider of dandruff as anything that produces a flaky scalp.
Although it is harmless, dandruff can be annoying for those who have it. Dandruff customarily starts between a ages of 10 and 20 and affects adult to 40% of people over a age of 30.
Dandruff has several causes, some of them include—
- Oily, raw skin: If your skin is red and greasy, and lonesome with flaky yellow or white scales, afterwards we competence have seborrheic dermatitis. This condition is one of a many common causes of dandruff.
- Infrequent Shampooing: Skin cells and oils build adult on your scalp if we do not rinse your hair frequently, so causing dandruff.
- Malassezia: This condition is caused by a fungus. This condition causes your scalp to be irritated, that causes extreme skin dungeon production.
- Dry Skin: Sometimes dry skin causes flakes of dandruff on your scalp, though they are customarily reduction greasy and smaller.
- Contact Dermatitis: Contact rash is attraction to certain haircare products. Sometimes, certain mixture in shampoos and conditioners can means dandruff.
Treating dandruff is an strenuous routine as it requires some hearing and blunder as not all dandruff shampoos out there will work for you. You need to examination before we find a resolution that is best for you. Usually, dandruff shampoos are categorised by their ingredients. You can demeanour for a following categories:
- Pyrithione zinc shampoos
- Tar-based shampoos
- Salicylic poison shampoos
- Selenium sulphide shampoos
- Ketoconazole shampoos
Besides these medicated ingredients, we can also try vinegar, tea tree oil or baking soda to provide your dandruff.