Causes and Complications of Cleft Lip
By Dr. Manoj Kumar, Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery,
Cleft mouth is an verbal and facial monster that occurs in a early stages of pregnancy, when a foetus is still building inside a mother’s womb. The lips are not shaped scrupulously since a hankie that is obliged for their arrangement does not totally rise before a baby is born. This leads to a opening in a top lip. The opening can be tiny or extended to a corner of a nose. In some cases, a cut is in a center of a lips, or on both corners of a lips.
In many cases, medicine is finished to repair a split lip, creation it probable for a child to lead a healthy and normal life.
Usually, a arrangement of a split mouth is an communication between genetic and environmental factors. Chances are that babies innate with this forsake competence have a family member with a same problem.
Some other causes include:
- Certain drugs consumed during pregnancy
- Exposure to chemicals or viruses while a foetus is still building in a womb
- Underlying medical conditions
Children with split mouth can have a following complications:
- Might face problem in feeding from a mother’s breasts
- Ear infections that competence lead to detriment of hearing
- Dental problems arise if a opening extends to a top gum
- Speech problems
- Emotional, behavioural and amicable issues competence seem in children due to differences in a approach they appear, compared to other normal children