Bleeding During Early Pregnancy – Should You Worry?
By Dr Amit Patil , Gynaecology
Blood clots also famous as thrombosis, occurs when a physique creates cells called platelets to retard a upsurge of blood. Clotting of blood is a required duty for a physique to be means to understanding with tiny cuts or injuries. However, when blood clots start internally due to underlying conditions, it can means critical health complications by restraint veins and arteries and can even turn life threatening.
Blood clotting during pregnancy is normal, though infrequently it might means problems in certain women. During pregnancy, a blood might infrequently tend to clot in a low veins of a leg and pelvic region. This condition is famous as low capillary thrombosis or DVT. When DVT travels to a blood vessels of lungs afterwards a condition is famous as pulmonary embolism (PE) and can be really serious.
Blood clot can mistreat a baby as it can start within a placenta or where it joins a uterine wall. Although blood clots do start within a placenta sincerely frequently, they customarily go divided on their own. It is, however, an comprehensive prerequisite to consult a doctor in such matters and let him or her establish what needs to be done.
WHO COULD BE AT RISK?
- If we or your family has a story of DVT.
- If we have undergone a prolonged eager tour during pregnancy.
- If we are a sequence smoker or unprotected to second palm smoking.
- If we have had a caesarean territory earlier.
- Being overweight or portly is a primary cause.
- If we are above 35 years of age.
SIGNS OF BLOOD CLOTTING:
- Swelling on a leg.
- Worsening pain during walks.
- Veins that demeanour incomparable than normal.
RISKS INVOLVING BLOOD CLOT DURING PREGNANCY:
- Blood clotting in a placenta that can impact a baby’s health and development.
- Heart attacks.
- Pulmonary embolism that might impact respirating or a correct functioning of a lungs in any fashion.
HOW TO PREVENT BLOOD CLOTTING:
- Do light exercises as prescribed your alloy frequently to safeguard well-spoken circulation.
- Eat Healthy.
- Quit smoking.
If we are diagnosed with blood clotting, we will be treated with anti-coagulant along with a prescribed lifestyle and diet changes.