5 things that train your body to burn more fat
If you could burn more fat every day by simply changing the order and timing of things you’re likely doing already, would you?
I thought so. Here’s how it works…
If you can get up in the morning at the same time of day, you’ll be resetting your biological clock. By allowing your body to get into a better and more predictable sleep schedule you can begin to help decrease stress hormones that prevent fat burning and enhance human growth hormone (HGH). HGH helps preserve your lean muscle mass which in turn results in a higher metabolism.
Follow these five morning rituals during your first two hours for better days and nights:
- Drink a tall glass of water with lemon. Drinking water doesn’t burn more fat. What is does do is prevent you from putting your body under stress by being dehydrated. A body under stress releases cortisol. Cortisol makes you store more fat and makes it impossible to burn fat.
- Practice intention. Set your intentions for the day every morning. Your expectations are important. It’s just as important to record your gratitude for what you have in your life. Take time to do this and become aware of how you feel about your life right now. You have the power to change it.
- Move. You should be up for at least an hour before you do intense exercise. Exercise that causes extremes of forward flexion or increases spinal pressure should wait until at least an hour after exercise. Your discs plump overnight and create a pressure that dissipates within an hour after exercise. This movement does have to be intense: it could be gentle stretches or walking the dog.
- Eat a high-protein breakfast. Data shows between 25 and 35 grams of protein at breakfast (and again at lunch and dinner) is a simple way to weight management. Subjects who had 35 grams of protein at breakfast for 12 weeks voluntarily decreased their daily caloric intake by 400 kcals a day. They were full, satisfied and just didn’t realize the need to snack or eat as much. They weren’t asked to change other than increase the content of protein at breakfast.
- Get ready without toxic chemicals. Check your lotions, body cleansing products and make up. Look for products that are toxic-free. Your water can also be a source of toxic exposure in the form of fluoride and chlorine. That daily toxic exposure adds up over time and these stored toxins make it hard to burn more fat.