5 Things That Keep The Spark Alive!
By Aakash Fertility Centre Hospital , Sexology
The first two years of a relationship are akin to a honeymoon where you look at everything your partner does with rose tinted glasses. After this, if you’re not careful, you’ll soon find yourself getting irritated with the same things that you once found adorable. This can take the spark away from the relation and make it unexciting and dull. Avoiding this sudden change can further damage the relationship. So, here are a few tips to keep the spark alive in your relationship.
- Disconnect from work and connect with each other: When you’re home, disconnect, not from each other, but from work and your colleagues. Put your phone away and be present in the moment with your partner. Talk to each other and listen to what the other person has to say instead of simply giving monosyllabic responses.
- Make time for each other: Remember, the first few months of your relationship where nothing was more important than spending time with your partner? Once the relationship stabilizes, it is easy to become complacent and fall into a dull routine with your partner. You can’t go back in time but just as you did then, make an effort today to make time for the other person. Socializing with friends and family is great but you need to make time for just the two of you as well. Get away from your other responsibilities and enjoy a date night once a week.
- Try something new: Be adventurous with your partner. This could include developing a new hobby together, taking dance lessons or exploring a new place. Pick something that both of you will enjoy and look forward to. Try something new in bed too. Talk to your partner about what excites you and find new ways to explore the sexual side of your relationship.
- Surprise one another: Being able to complete each other’s statements seems romantic but can be a tad bit boring. One of the best parts of starting a new relationship is discovering aspects of the other person. Relive that time by finding ways to surprise your partner once in a while. Flowers and a cupid inspired message during the day may seem inconsequential but can bring a smile to your partners face and give them an opportunity to appreciate you and the relationship.
- Appreciate each other: When you’ve lived with someone for a long time, you tend to notice the things they do wrong more often than you notice something they do right. Make a conscious effort to notice the nice things they do for you. Before complaining about something try to list 3 nice things they’ve done for you.