5 Healthy Foods You Should Eat Every Day!!
By Dr. Gowthaman Krishnamoorthy , Ayurveda
Improving your health, maintaining a healthy weight and living a long, prosperous life is what people aim for but fail to mostly every time. Incorporating some types of common and abundantly available food can greatly help you achieve all of these goals owing to their high nutrient content. Here are some foods that will help your body be at its healthiest best.
- Garlic – Known for its antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties, garlic derives its disease-combating properties from Allicin, a sulfur compound. This compound acts as an antioxidant, thus strengthening the immune system and improving cardiovascular health by lowering hypertension and total LDL cholesterol. Daily consumption of garlic can also reduce your risk of developing colorectal, prostate and stomach cancer.
- Tea – Being one of the richest sources of antioxidants, tea protects the heart against stroke and heart diseases while also lowering bad cholesterol. Tea also improves brain health, improving focus, concentration and memory while protecting it from dementia. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Yogurt – A great source of calcium and protein, yogurt is also a probiotics powerhouse. Probiotics are live bacteria that are beneficial for your gut as they inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria. Yogurt is also rich in nutrients such as phosphorus, zinc, iodine vitamin B5 and B12. Great for your stomach, yogurt also helps with urinary tract infection, ulcers, and vaginal yeast infections.
- Walnuts – Containing more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon, this nut is great for your heart. It is abundant in polyphenols that are anti-inflammatory substances and packs half as much protein as chicken. It has stress fighting properties and reduces your risk of developing pancreatic and breast cancer. High in fiber, B-complex vitamins, and vitamin E, walnuts improve heart and overall body function.
- Beans – All sorts of beans are great for your health. They contain soluble fiber which absorbs cholesterol before it accumulates on the artery walls. Fiber can reduce total cholesterol by 10% to 15% while it also promotes weight loss. Kidney beans, red beans, and black beans are all rich in antioxidants; black beans contain anthocyanins that improve brain function.